Monday, January 28, 2013

Catching Up

Liam LOVES to eat cereal lately.  I honestly think he has more fun drinking the milk in the bowl with a spoon.  He thinks it's neat.  He's also still very obsessed with yogurt and eats two in a day, or sometimes more .  We have to limit him.
The other day. I was drinking coffee in my Goofy mug and Liam came up and said "Mickey Mouse?" and was looking for him on the mug.  I said no it's just Goofy, then he turned to me and said "I like Mickey".  Apparently he did not approve of my mug. 
This little guy got a quick bottle the other day because I had just gotten back from running.  He can hold a bottle pretty well!  He just never really has too.
I also captured a bath picture of him as a big five-month-old!  He enjoyed playing with the choo-choo train.
This sweet boy has been trying really hard to roll over from his back to stomach lately.  He can roll from his tummy to back but won't do it all the time.
Wednesday was a beautiful day outside so we picked up Great grandma and went to the park.  Liam had a blast going down the slide.  He even made his momma join in on the action a few times :)
Colin and Great Grandma cuddled together
It was still nice the next day so I was opening windows to let some fresh air in.  Liam's window is missing the screen but Blue and Liam don't seem to mind.  Liam stood on his chair and patted Blue.
Liam enjoyed playing with Colin's playmat
Colin has discovered his toes.
He has also enjoyed eating sweet potatoes this week.   Daddy couldn't feed him fast enough!
We have discovered that if we put Colin to bed about 6:30 we can avoid a screaming fit.  We have been getting him ready for bed, then reading to him, feeding him, and putting him in his crib by about that time and he has done very well.  He has a very narrow time frame so if we are 5-10 minutes past 6:30 he loses it!  So far we have had to read books that have pop-ups or some type of movement, but the last couple nights he has done well with other books!  He is such a sweet little guy!
Liam joined in on the reading
Friday Liam was CRANKY!  All morning he would get angry and throw tantrums.  We were stuck at the house until about 11:00 because we didn't have a vehicle but once we got my car back from the shop I took him to the train park in hopes of him being in a better mood.  We even got a kid's meal from Carl's Jr so he could eat lunch on the choo-choo.  He was VERY excited about the train and enjoyed climbing on it but he still was a little cranky.
He tried to steer but the wheel is fixed in place and Liam turned to me and said "Momma, it's broke"  Poor kid he really wanted to drive.  
Once we left he came home and crashed for a pretty good nap and then woke up in a slightly better mood :)
This little guy has been working on his sitting up and doing a pretty good job on his own for a few seconds at a time.  He is actually holding on to a hanging toy to help him balance here.
Friday afternoon Liam enjoyed taking pictures!  He would come up and say "say cheeseburger"  It is super cute.
Liam has had a few funny little sayings lately.
One night I was preparing a bath for him and he walked in, looked at me, and said "Not too hot momma" as he shook his finger at me. It was hilarious!!  I have never made his bath too hot, and I have no idea where it came from!  He also likes to put people to bed.  He will make us go in his room and he'll cover us up with a blanket, turn out the lights, and say "goodnight, I wuv you" and shut the door, and sometimes he'll even sing a little bit of "Twinkle, Twinkle" or "Hush Little Baby".  In the morning when he wakes up he will come into our room and some mornings he goes up to Colin's crib and says "Morning brofer"  It makes me very happy!  Although one morning he turned our big light on and said it while Colin was asleep which was not cool. Luckily, I got Colin back to sleep!!

1 comment:

megs said...

I love this one, so many sweet cute everyday perfect moments.

Also, Minuet and Liam are eating soul mates. Anytime I ask what she wants to eat, she wants cereal and yogurt. Haha. We also have to limit her, or it would be all day yogurts and cereal breakfast lunch and dinner! Crazy kids.