Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My Boys

I need to write down a few funny things the boys have said lately.  Let's start with this sweet boy.
1. Last week Grandma Snay came over to help me with the boys while Chris was at a softball game.  Liam really wanted to play tag.  She of course obliged but Liam could play tag for hours.  She eventually was taking a little break and playing with Colin.  Liam asked if she'd like to play tag again and grandma said something along the lines of being tired and Liam said "It's called exercise" We all got a good laugh out of that one! Sadie was also over and played tag too.  Here is a little video.
2. One night Liam hit me and had to go to his room for time out.  We had a talk about not hitting.  During the conversation he told me "You hurt my heart mama"  I think he felt bad and sad that I was upset with him.  Anyway, he was also being a little stubborn and refusing to apologize, he did eventually but not sincerely.  Later that night after showers and right before he needed to brush his teeth he came up to me and said sorry and meant it.  I then told him "I'm sorry I cracked your heart" (the way he has worded it before).  He sweetly looked at me and said "You didn't crack my heart, you made it stay together"  Then we gave each other a hug :)
3. The other night Chris was saying how he needed a hair cut and Liam said "I just do this and then it works better"  He was basically using his arm to push his hair up out of his face so he could see, Ha!  It was decided that they needed haircuts and that is just what we did Saturday!
4. Last Friday I came home from work and decided we should have a family movie night.  Chris went to pick up dinner and I gave the boys an early shower because they were filthy from being outside.  When they were drying off I told them about my idea to have a movie night and Liam screamed and said yes with excitement and Colin quickly followed suit. As I got their pajamas on Liam looked at me with a full on smile and said "This is the best time in mine life"
These pictures of both boys are from the park last week.
Love this kid
Colin's little personality is continuing to shine through lately.  He has definitely started to throw tantrums here and there way earlier than Liam ever did but I think it's because he has an example who has shown him how to throw fits.  He has also been exploding with new words since we had his tubes placed.  It is hard to say if it is because of the tubes because he seemed to start saying more just before the tubes.  Maybe they have helped a little though by allowing him to hear better.  Who knows!?  Anyway, it is just fun hearing him try to say all sorts of new things.
1. The other night we were at G&G Casson's and I can't remember what Chris was doing but Colin looked up at him and said "Don't do that!" in an angry baby voice. It was the cutest and we all got a good laugh.
2. Tonight the boys got out of the shower and the occasional tradition is they get to jump on our bed for a few minutes of playtime before bed.  Chris was wrestling with Colin and Colin decided he wanted the bed to himself and he gave Chris a nudge and said "Get off" Haha!  He said it very sweetly and was thrilled when dad got off the bed and he had the whole bed to jump on.
3. The boys were walking back into the garage from getting the mail and Liam was being silly and said "booty butt" and then Colin said "Booooty butt"  Oh these boys!
Love this kid too!
Now here are a bunch of videos I previously failed to upload.
Musicians
Tickle time
While daddy was on his camping trip the boys and I came out and enjoyed the rainy morning.  Here they are doing a rain dance.
Fun with daddy
More fun
Leapers at the park the other night
Liam is still really into Rescue Bots and Colin is too.  They run around with their bots and transform them or crash them.  They also do a lot of pretend play.  Liam has also made it VERY clear that he wants a transformer birthday.
I love these boys more than anything!  Somedays I just watch them in amazement that Chris and I made these two awesome little people and soon we will have one more.  When they are playing together and do or say something, I just look over and Chris and smile because they bring such joy to our lives even on the most stressful days.

No comments: