We have a two month old girl! I feel like these two months have been the fastest of my life. I just want time to slow down so I can enjoy and spend every moment with my baby. Amelia really is a sweet, sweet girl. She seems pretty laid back for the most part but she does have a set of lungs on her and will let you know when she is unhappy. Usually she cries most when she is tired. Her eyes are very blue and lightening up some. She continues to have crazy long hair that is a very light brown. She is most talkative and smiley when she first wakes up in the morning and it's awesome. She had her first smile on Nov. 19th and I caught it on video here. She has pretty good head control and loves to be upright so she can see EVERYTHING when she is up. Other than that she has no problem sleeping through the day for the most part, even with the loudness of her brothers. There is absolutely no routine to her day yet but she is going to bed about 9PM and gets up around 8AM. She has had some great stretches up to 6 hours at night which is wonderful. She first slept through the night on Nov. 30th in her swing. She slept in the swing for a while after she was born because she was spitting up quite a bit in the beginning so I felt better keeping her up at an angle. We talked about moving her to the crib sooner but had a ton of Christmas gifts piling up in it. Finally, I emptied it out and she slept in the cirb for the first time on Dec 8th. I did not swaddler because when I laid her down she was already asleep and I didn't want to wake her. It was a rough a night. She was up every 2-3 hours. The next night (Dec 9th) I swaddled her up and she slept from 11PM to 6:45AM!! It's amazing how much she likes to be swaddled and I am so glad that it makes her feel comfy cozy.
She is becoming more aware of sounds and knows when we are talking to her. She enjoys her play mat and swings her arms around to knock the toys and make noise but not with any real purpose yet. If you put something in her hand she will grip it tight though. She has had a few moments where she really likes my hair, ha! We've done some tummy time with her but she lasts about two minutes and then decides she has had enough. I don't have a real nickname for her but occasionally still call her "squeaker" but usually just "sweet girl" or "little lady" She seems to like those ones well enough. She is currently wearing three-month-old outfits and some 3-6 month outfits.
Sweet baby in her santa dress
Rudolph hair bow
She makes this face when you talk to her and sticks her tongue out like she is going to talk back at us.
Smiles, I love her smiles!
Colin has had an obsession with this turtle and insists that Amelia has it because it is hers. If he sees the turtle somewhere he will grab it and bring it to her and say "Ameewa needs her turtle" Well she is finally getting to the point that she hugs it and the other day was enjoying trying to eat the turtles face.
Also this was right after a bath and this is about as tame as her hair gets
Here's her hair on a normal day
Her brothers really do love her. Liam asked to hold her on her two month old birthday and said "this is the perfect time"
Colin joined her in her crib to watch the mobile with her.
Two month old photo shoot!
Back side
Seriously mom
Love this sweet girl
She's so sweet
Yesterday (17th) we had her two month old check up. Amelia is 23 inches long (75th percentile) and 11lbs 1oz. (50th percentile) I am really hoping to chunk her up a little and she really does eat a lot! She is pretty active for a little gal and enjoys kicking her feet around. She was having a good time at the pediatricians office until the dreaded shots. She screamed pretty good and it took a few minutes to calm her down. Then she slept for 2.5 hours and when she woke she was upset. I couldn't really console her unless I kept her tucked close to me and I stayed very still. I didn't have any infant Tylenol so luckily my mom was able to sneak away from work and grab some since Liam was sleeping (Colin's nap time is a whole other story). We cuddled most of the afternoon and the Tylenol seemed to help her out a bit and by the evening she was smiling and happy again. The only way I like to see my sweet baby!
Happy two months sweet Amelia!
No comments:
Post a Comment