Last Friday my boys needed to get out of the house. It had rained the previous days and anyone who has met my children knows they don't do well being stuck inside all day. So Friday morning I asked them what they wanted to do and the answer was "Go to the park!"
The boys did enjoy watching the train go around the Christmas tree before we got ready for the day
This little gal was happy to come along for the ride in her cute little outfit.
We had the park to ourselves which is always awesome. I pushed the boys on the swings for awhile but eventually pooped out.
They both climbed all over the playground
This guy was too quick sometimes so I didn't always catch his face.
Sweet boy
My babies
And my littlest baby who slept peacefully the whole time.
While we were at the park I had mentioned to the boys that maybe we could eat lunch with daddy. Well once I checked with daddy he didn't have a whole lot of time to have lunch. I tried to change the plan, hoping they'd forget about my lunch idea, but Liam said as we pulled in the driveway "But I want to eat lunch with daddy." So I talked to Chris and picked us up some Subway and we took it to G&G house to eat. Amelia was still sleeping and I noticed a pretty good amount of leaves out front so after lunch the boys and I went out front and played for a bit while Amelia slept and daddy worked.
Jumping
He was stuck
Happy dude
Jumping
Hanging from the tree
Chris did come out and watch a little bit and attempted to get a picture of me and the boys
They thought it was cool when I threw them in the leaves
They did some of their own raking
Colin asked me "momma take a picture me and sky" I listened of course.
They were way more intense but this is all I caught on video
Colin came up with a new game and would take the rake and try and knock the leaves down out of the tree. He thought it was hilarious until he would get frustrated if he couldn't reach. Liam helped him out.
Then I buried them in the leaves
Then the leaf fight began. Yes, Colin is under there somewhere
This picture just looks cool
Colin gearing up for the attack
I love their faces in this one.
Soon after this the boys began attacking me. They thought it was awesome to get mom with leaves. They had such a great time. We had a lot of laughs.
Amelia woke up just in time to get a picture in the leaves before we left.
Later in the evening the house was a complete disaster, the boys went down for naps late, and I never made it to the grocery store but I told Chris the fun we had in the morning was worth all of it. We all had such a good time and it is a day I will always cherish.
1 comment:
Love you guys!!!
Post a Comment