Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Camp Beale Springs

On December 6th the girls from work had a baby shower for Amelia.  They all wanted to wait until after she was born so they knew the gender.  It was such an amazing and relaxing day.  Gina hosted and has a home up in the Hualapais with and awesome view.  It was so peaceful and Amelia got some super cute outfits, diapers, and a beautiful handmade rag quilt. 
Here's Eve with Amelia
Gina with her
Leslie
I didn't get a picture of Cindy and Amelia; she was there but had to leave early.  It was a great afternoon with just the girls.
Sleepy Amelia the next day
That Sunday we had some family pictures done.  I was hoping to get with Johanna who has always done our pictures but driving to Phoenix with a newborn just seemed way too stressful and then Chris had his surgery so I was just going to forget it all together, but then I couldn't handle not having a family picture with all of us for our Christmas cards or just in general before the new year.  I ended up calling Melissa who did our Classic picture at the academy in hopes of having something before 2015.
As we were driving to get our pictures done, I told Chris I felt like I was cheating on Johanna.  It was an awful feeling.  Melissa did a fine job but my heart remains with Johanna.  She sent me a few pictures so I could put on a Christmas card and I am waiting on the rest.  Colin was completely uncooperative through the whole process so it will be interesting to see how they turn out.
Kiddos
My posing attempt to get Colin to smile, it didn't work, ha!
Family photo
The place she took us to have our photos taken was called Camp Beale Springs. I had never been there but it was a neat view and there was a little stream that had fish, tadpoles, and crayfish.  After pictures we let the boys run around and explore.  They had a good a time
Looking for crayfish
I was afraid to actually touch a crayfish so I poked at it instead so the boys could see it.
On the bridge checking out more creatures.
Daddy walking with his kiddos
Amelia and me
They boys ran ahead of us and "locked" us out.
Climber monkeys
Someday we will have to go and just hike around the area.  They boys seemed to have a good time besides the whole picture process.  Once we finshed playing we went to dinner at Liam's choice: El Palacio.  The boys love going there mainly so they can watch the trains go by. 
Lastly I leave you with this sweet Santa Baby


No comments: