Friday we went to Flagstaff to the North Pole Experience. I wasn't sure if we were going to make it after the morning the boys and I had. I have never had such a terrible morning with my kids. I was literally grinding my teeth. They fought basically the whole morning and not just arguing but being flat out mean and hitting, stepping on, pushing etc. I was at my wits end. We left around 1PM and hoped the boys would take naps because they definitely needed them. Liam fell asleep for about 40 minutes and he's usually the good car sleeper and Colin didn't fall asleep until Williams. We dropped off our luggage at Hotel Anderson (aka Aunt Sandy and Uncle Larry's house) and then we all headed to Little America to take our bus to the North Pole.
Liam, me, and Amelia. I love this one because she is smiling!
Larry and Sandy
Excited boy Number 1
Excited boy number 2
and along for the ride Amelia
They boys anxiously waiting for the elves to stop talking and the doors to open
Sweet girl
Boys making toys with the elves
They made some rockets
My favorite part of Santa's workshop is all the cool decorated trees.
Then the boys had to help load some packages
They handed the package to the elf and then it ran up on a conveyor belt
Then we all went to Mrs. Claus's Bakery and had a cookie and snowman soup (hot chocolate)
Colin enjoyed both the cookie and the hot chocolate. Liam didn't really care for the hot chocolate.
They eventually got to write letters to Santa. G&G helped them out with their letters
Amelia and I relaxed while the boys worked on their letters
Checking out Santa's sleigh
Attempted photo with Sandy and Larry
Finally we go to meet the big guy. Colin just gave him a concerned look. I think we took a pretty good photo together!
The boys had a great time. We all went back to Sandy and Larry's that night for dinner and we attempted to get the boys to bed early. The boys slept together in one room. Later that night around 1-2 am I woke up and went to check on them. Liam was MIA. I had a little panic attack but figured he was in with Sandy and Larry. Chris went to check and that was indeed where he was. Needless to say Sandy and Larry didn't sleep too well that night either. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment