A couple pictures before I go into Christmas Eve.
Sweet sleeping angel baby.
Colin had a chocolate chip cookie and this is what he ended up looking like, ha! He apparently enjoyed it!
Christmas Eve was a little different this year and I personally loved it. We went to Mike and Trudi's in the morning for Uncle Mike's birthday and to celebrate Christmas with the Bradley's.
Cason and Liam
Uncle Mike with Reed and Amelia
Sweet baby girl
Kiddos
Colin and Grandma
Santa Baby
Brandi and Cassie
Present opening
Grandpa and Amelia
Colin and Reed playing with their new toys
After eating, socializing, and opening Christmas presents, it was time for Uncle Mike's birthday cake. The kids were happy to dig in.
The one thing about Christmas time that makes me crazy and stressed out is all the running around we do. I usually end up exhausted and have a miserable day because I am worrying about getting the kids places and down for naps but Christmas Eve was different and so much more relaxing and enjoyable. We had a great time in the morning at Mike and Trudi's with everyone. We came home put both the boys down for naps. Then later I made spaghetti and cookies. My mom, dad, and Sadie came over to eat with us. Then we watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and went to look at Christmas lights (except my dad who went to church). Once we came home from light exploring mom and Sadie left and we cozied up on the couch and watched "Mickey's Christmas Carol." The best moment was when Liam looked up at me and then Chris and said "I like being between you guys" and then rested his head on daddy. We were cuddly, relaxed, and had one too many cookies. It was the best.
Once we got the boys showered and Christmas PJ's on, we laid out milk and cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. Colin even left a half eaten carrot for the reindeer. I am sure they appreciated that. I have started a Christmas Eve tradition (that may only last while they are little) to let each kid open a Christmas book on Christmas Eve and then we read it before bed.
Colin opening his
"The Bear Stays Up For Christmas"
Liam opening "There Was an Old Lady That Swallowed A Bell"
Amelia opening hers with help from daddy.
"Llama, Llama Jingle Bells"
Once we had the boys to bed Shane and Jenna came over for a visit.
Jenna and Amelia had some quality time together.
When Shane and Jenna left, Chris and I got to work wrapping presents from Santa. I also started the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" at 10PM. We stayed up way too late but it was nice hanging out with the husband with our tree lit up and a wonderful movie. It was a great relaxing day with our little family.
1 comment:
That sounds like a wonderful Christmas Eve! I have to remind myself, but usually less is more. :)
Post a Comment