This past Mother's Day I wanted to go to Prescott for the weekend like we did two years ago. We left Friday night after work. On the way there we saw some antelope and Colin said "I think they silly cantaloupe." It was cute. He also noticed the powerlines that Liam once called "Monster Man" here, and he said they looked "like robots." Once again we had a great time although it was a little chilly this go around. We started out at the Farmer's Market and bought some mini peaches, drank some hot chocolate, and the boys were able to paint some flower pots again.
Then we went over to the art festival. Liam insisted on pushing Amelia.
We saw these cool water fountains made out of copper. I wanted one but A. I have no place to put it and B. They were out of my price range, ha!
Eventually we made our way to the water fountain and I gave the boys some coins to make a wish. Liam completely took me by surprise and had the sweetest two wishes. We told him he had to close his eyes and not to tell anyone what he wished for, he closed his eyes but said his wishes out loud. His first wish was "I wish my family to be happy" and his second one was "I wish Colin will be my best friend forever" It was awesome!
Then we laid a blanket down and hung out in the grass.
There was lots of playing
This gal was looking pretty darn cute.
We made an attempt at a family photo with all our heads, Colin peaced out while the rest of us were blinded by the sun. I think it turned out hilarious!
There was lots of flying (Liam)
Colin
My kiddos and me
Taking pictures with the sky
Daddy is so strong!
My sweet girl
We made our way to Panera for lunch. Amelia got her first taste of a baby pouch. She did really well with it.
After lunch we went to the Highland Games. Basically a big Scottish festival with some old school throwing-heavy-things-that-happened-to-be-laying-around-
Scotland-1500-years-ago competitions.
We really enjoyed watching the caber toss. It was pretty crazy
They have to throw the pole and it has to flip over.
Launching some type of ball on the end of a stick
The boys wanted to get a snack so of course they wanted some ice cream. They even made the AZ Foothills Magazine with this photo. The guy asked to take their picture and here it is.
Watching more of the caber toss
Oh and we got some mini donuts!
Amelia watching
They had a little kids area where they could try the caber toss. Liam was all over it.
He launched it pretty good!
Liam tried it out three times and got a medal.
Here is a little video
Colin didn't want to give it a try, he was pretty exhausted at this point. I wanted to get a history of our last name so while I bought that Chris took the boys to the playground on the way to the parking lot.
Amelia crashed.
The boys wanted to take the hayride to get back to our car. Chris walked and took the stroller. They had a good time.
By the time we got back to the hotel it was about 3PM, yes we did a lot it one day, ha! The boys really wanted to go swimming so we took them. Unfortunately, we forgot to bring their lifejackets that make things much easier with three kiddos, ha!
They were great at listening and staying on the steps.
Baby girl
Goofy guy
She loves the water
This guy could touch in three feet and did a good job practicing his swimming.
Daddy and his boys
Such fun
Love this family photo
and this one, ha!
After swimming I drove Colin and Amelia around and they slept in the car. Chris stayed back with Liam and he took a nap in the room. Then we went to Texas Roadhouse, where the wait was crazy but the food was worth it! It was a great first day in Prescott with my sweet family!
No comments:
Post a Comment