On Saturday morning we all took it slow and did some swimming at the hotel. The kids had such an amazing time. Amelia enjoyed floating in her little boat.
Colin enjoyed swimming around with his life jacket. His ears were still bugging him and going underwater was just not an option.
Liam was all over the place. Leaping in, swimming, doing tricks, and he made a little friend. They enjoyed playing little games. Colin joined in too as long as it did not involve putting his head under the water, poor kid.
Hand stands
We had a contest.
Liam also figured out how to do somersaults in the water. We challenged each other a few times.
This little lady was a dare-devil and jumped in, no real surprise there I guess.
Falling in backwards
The next day, Sunday, we ended up taking Colin to urgent care. 1. His antibiotic froze in our hotel fridge and 2. He kept waking up with pain in his ear and crying at night. The pain was awful and he never has had pain like he was having. They ended up switching his antibiotic, giving some ear drop antibiotics, and irrigating his little ear. It was awful. He was so brave and held his tears in until the girl finished but it did not feel good. Times like that are the worst as a mom. I hate not being able to fix things or take away his pain. I told him when we were done we would take him to get a toy. We ended up at Bass Pro Shops to meet up with G&G, Liam, and Amelia after his appointment. Then it was back to the hotel and I had to go to volleyball, which was a terrible night and I was ready to walk out, ha!
Monday morning we packed up. As we were packing and getting everything together, Amelia was in the room while I was using the restroom quickly, then I heard something and jumped up and she had Colin's ear drops!! She was licking her lips making a funny face and the bottle was empty on ground. I panicked! I immediately called poison control and was assured she was going to be okay. Thank goodness but this momma was shook up for awhile. Anyway, after all that chaos everyone went to the Hall of Flame Museum except for me due to volleyball. The kids apparently had a great time.
Colin and Amelia
Kiddos
Love Amelia's face in this one.
Colin
Liam
Driving the truck
On a side note Liam was so upset that they were going to the museum and kept telling me how he did not want to go. When I saw him early Tuesday morning when he woke up he was dressed in his firefighter outfit and told me all about it. So he clearly enjoyed it.
As for volleyball it was a much better Monday. I think the girls realized I was an my wit's end with them and straightened up... except for a couple of them who I don't think ever will and have made me question whether I shall coach again, ha! Anyway, we won our games on Monday which won them a trophy for their pool and overall 29th place (I think I can't really remember now)
Great weekend and so glad I was able to coach these girls but so happy to be home with my loved ones and not splitting my time with my family anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment