These boys were so cute in their matching PJs on Sunday night.
Liam was all about me taking a picture of him running fast.
Then of course he needed to do some jumping
Then the boys both showed us some cool tricks
Liam is really into attempting handstands lately.
We eventually got the boys calmed down and to bed, amazingly!
Monday morning was Colin's appointment to have tubes placed in his ears. He's had so many ear infections and appointments where we would check his ears just in case and he has fluid in them. It took three months before we could get into see an ENT but once we did it was decided that tubes may be best for him.
I woke him up and got him to the car immediately hoping he wouldn't think about his hunger or thirst. We checked in at 7:15 and Colin and George each got a wrist a band.
Looking cute in his little hospital gown
He wasn't too sure about the socks
Around 8:15 Colin was getting hungry and really wanted Goldfish. The anesthesiologist gave him a mask to play with that they would use for his procedure and he wanted me to put the Goldfish in the mask. So to distract him we did circles in the wagon to keep his mind off food. He was good but still asked about goldfish.
Two hungry boys watching Mickey Mouse.
Finally about 8:45 they took Colin back. He immediately knew something was going on but the doc and the nurse were great and wheeled him back in the wagon as Chris and I disappeared behind a wall. The procedure took about 10 minutes, which was just enough time for us to grab Colin some food for when he was finished. They let me go back right away and Colin was struggling. I could hear him crying before I even got to him the anesthesiologist was doing his best to cuddle and comfort my sweet boy but he really wanted his momma. He was still a little confused with me and would cuddle and then cry and pull away. (Although maybe it was his way of letting me know he was mad at me for leaving him with strangers). He was especially not to happy with the pulse-oximeter attached to his toe. I gave him some water and he calmed down a little. Once they moved us to another phase of recovery, daddy was able to come back and fed him some yogurt and he was able to watch cartoons. He was much happier.
Here we are watching some cartoons.
He was on the verge of falling asleep right when they let us get him dressed to come home.
He was a champ and did so well. I only had one little breakdown right after we got him dressed in his hospital gown. Luckily no one saw but Chris. It really is the most nerve-wracking scenario to put your trust into people you don't know while they perform a procedure and gas your baby. I don't care if it's only 10 minutes and a minor procedure. Once we got home all he wanted to do was watch George and he ate a really good lunch. It took a little bit to get him down for a nap but once I did he slept for about 3 1/2 hours! He was worn out! I am just so thankful that the day went smoothly and am really hopeful these tubes help prevent some frequent ear infections and help my baby feel better.
4 comments:
The ones of him in the hospital gown are ridiculously cute/sad.
I couldn't agree more. He was definitely the cutest patient they had all day ;)
Precious boy!
Glad that's over with!! It looks like you all handled it really well!
Post a Comment