Saturday, December 15, 2012

Baking

A couple weeks back I had wrapped a bunch of Christmas presents and placed them under the tree.  I even wondered aloud if Liam would attempt to open them.  Well, when he woke up the next morning, Chris was getting ready for work and I was still in bed, Liam grabbed a gift and sneaked into his room and started opening a present. Ha!  Then when his dad caught him he looked up and said "big one" apparently he wanted to open the big present under the tree.  I know this is random but I kept forgetting to blog about it and definitely wanted it documented :)
This little guy has been very vocal lately, here's a little video
Yesterday Liam helped me bake some cookies for Cason.  The little guy broke his leg so we thought we'd cheer him up with sugar :)
Liam really enjoyed decorating the cookies with sprinkles.  He kept unscrewing the lid pouring some out, screw the lid back on and then do it all over again.
He was pretty proud of himself
Colin sat by and watched
Then Liam decided to eat his cookie like so...
basically he just licked the frosting and sprinkles off
Today I made some more cookies.  Colin helped out today.  He sat in his bumbo on the counter.
Getting our supplies ready
Eventually, his little head got tired and he started to lean so I moved him to the chair :)
Liam helped by emptying drawers
Colin relaxing after we finished mixing the dough.
Today was a wonderful day with my boys and I can't wait to have many, many more baking days with them. I definitely held them longer and tighter today and couldn't be more thankful to have them here safe and sound with me. 


1 comment:

Brandi said...

Neely does that animalistic eating with no hands thing a lot! Haha. Nerds. Thanks so much for the treats. He loved them, once you were gone and he didn't feel shy. :)