Friday, December 21, 2012

Four Months Old!

Colin is officially four months old as of Monday.  He is the sweetest little guy.  He is the happiest baby and gives wonderful, loving smiles all day long until about 6-7PM.  He has been struggling some nights and will scream for about 40 minutes before falling asleep.  We can try everything from feeding, rocking, bouncing, holding, leaving alone, it just doesn't matter.  He really started right around the time we moved with this lovely night time ritual. It is really frustrating as parents but I did some googling and it sounds like it can be a pretty common thing around fpur months so we just have to get through this stage :) Colin wakes up every morning with lots of smiles and loves to play on his play mat and with his toys.  He has also become VERY vocal lately.  He will just lay on his mat and talk a ton, it's awesome.  He's still a chunky little guy I weighed him at 17.2lbs and  25.5 long.  Colin is suppose to have a four month appointment but apparently no pediatrician in town can get him in until he is five months which is super irritating for this momma.  I hate not having my baby on his scheduled time and I never had a problem getting my kids appointments in Alexandria.  
This little guy has also been drooling up a storm and loves to practically stick his whole hand in his mouth and the few fingers that are not in his mouth end up poking himself in the eye.  He is also known to gag himself.  He still hasn't figured out a good napping system but usually when I put Liam down at noon I can get Colin to sleep for about 2-4 hours but he may wake up frequently and need assistance (pacifier) going back to sleep. He also usually takes about a 20 minute catnap in the morning after that it is unpredictable :)  I haven't really attempted establishing consistency with his naps so I am not helping much either :/
Baby back side,  His hair still sports the little fluff in the back
He is still awesome at holding his head up but hasn't rolled over in awhile.  He did it there daily for about a week and then just decided he was content with staying on his tummy.
He's a precious guy
He is a super smiley baby but I really had a hard time taking his 4 month old photo shoot, he became to focused on the light of the camera.
He did smile at his brother jumping in his crib though
He enjoys watching his big bro run around. 
My cheeky little guy
Finally a smile! He is the sweetest guy and such a happy baby
 We love you, you big four-month-old boy!

No comments: