Friday, December 14, 2012

Boot Camp

Liam received a elf microphone from his grandma and grandpa.  He had a lot of fun with it, though unfortunately there is no volume control so we hid it for the sanity of Uncle Matt who is currently on night shift.  Liam may have Halloween and Christmas mixed up because he kept singing about monsters, HA!
Wednesday afternoon this boy took a little nap in mama and dada's bed.  He was so peaceful :)
We have been taking Liam to a kids boot camp downtown.  It is Monday and Wednesday late afternoons and the age range of the kids is pretty big.  Liam is the youngest one out there, at least that I know of.  He did pretty well the first couple times we brought him but on Wednesday his terrible twos started shining through.  He cried and said "NO" over and over we were ready to take him home when he started participating.  He is about 50/50 on his participation.  I really like having him go so that he has an activity to do but I feel bad that he may slow down the other kiddos.  Anna who works with the kids is pretty much AMAZING and so patient though. 
Clapping for the other kiddos
Finally decided to participate and ran, out of turn, but he did it!
Running
Setting up for an activity
Colin does great and sits and watches his brother 
Liam discovered the leg press and decided it was more fun than what the other kids were doing
He eventually joined in on the fun.  The kids were suppose to jump from object and pretend the ground was lava.  Liam absolutely REFUSED to hold my hand for safety/assistance.  He leaped to one of the half balls at one point and bounced his chin off of it and became VERY mad but continued on his merry way.  
Then later he bounced off one and barely caught his hands under his face as he landed on wood floor.  Right about that time Anna walked by cringed and said he is fearless.  Yup, that sums up our independent, dare-devilish child and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Later that evening we went to Grandma and Grandpa's House for dinner.  Liam enjoyed riding Thomas around.
Here's one of the things that is great about Arizona: the sunsets!  This is not nearly the best I could have gotten but we were outside a little later when I took the photo.

2 comments:

megs said...

I love that you're bringing him to boot camp, Minuet had the same fearlessness and was very similar at two. My mom and I were discussing Wed how when it is your kid it seems enormous, but he wasn't disruptive in any way and I love that Anna includes everyone and it teaches all those kids to include everyone. And when Minuet used to refuse we did ask if we should just leave or stay and Anna was encouraging us to let her stay and do as much as she would do and watch when she wants and she really feels comfortable now.

Sarah said...

Thanks Megan, this made me feel better! I just don't want him to be disruptive to the other kiddos