Monday, July 21, 2014

San Diego Zoo

Friday we decided to take the kiddos to the zoo but first we did a little swimming.
There was lots of launching of children, one of Liam's favorite things to do.
These sweet sisters did a little floating together
We captured a couple underwater shots (Cason)
More launching
Bubble blowing by Colin
Sweet baby
and some more
We finished swimming went and ate some lunch and then finally went to the zoo.
My sweet boys
Sleepy Koala
Everyone checking out some animal and I can't remember which
Cason, Colin, Chris, and Liam checking out the elephants
I should also mention that all the kids got a little sucker with a mini animal attached to it.  Liam is holding his little giraffe in the picture above.  Right after the elephants there was a little pond with frogs and Liam some how accidentally/purposely dropped his giraffe in the water.  We could not get it and I was so upset.  Not so much that Liam lost the giraffe but that it was invading this special area for the frogs.  I went to tell someone and they said a zookeeper would get it but it could be anywhere up to two hours for it to happen.  So I waited a while and finally gave up and left the giraffe to the frogs.  I am just hoping someone did eventually get it out.
We spent a little bit of time watching these Capybara swim around.  They were pretty neat and Colin probably would have been happy to stay there all day.
Playing on the elephant (statue)
Boys checking out the lions.  The best part was when the lioness sat up and Liam and Cason jumped back pretty quick, ha!
Liam and Cason did quite a bit of this
Eventually, this guy crashed.
Neely and Sadie had a special bond.
More animals
Liam had become a cranky mess eventually but I really wanted to go check out the giraffes.  Every time I have been to the zoo in my lifetime we have gotten a family picture by them.  Anyway the Jacobs' family photo turned out pretty awesome.
Ours turned out like this...
Liam screaming and crying while Colin was too busy checking out the giraffes, ha! Ah well!
On our way to leave the zoo Colin and Cason held hands while Liam and Neely rode in the stroller.
Chris took the three-year-olds and they crashed while the rest of us bought a few souvenirs. (Our children cannot survive a day with out a nap).  They of course got a treat they just didn't get to pick it :)
After the zoo we met up with Michael and Noel to eat some mexican food in Old Town San Diego.  Afterward we went to a cute little grassy spot and the kids ran around like maniacs. 
Paige especially enjoyed checking out this pretty awesome tree
I know this one is blurry but it I love Colin's expression as he is running from his Uncle Michael.
It was a crazy busy day but we had a fun!

No comments: