Sunday, July 6, 2014

Things to Remember

I currently have a ridiculously long reminders list of things to jot down so I won't forget.  Some of these are easily a couple months ago.  Anyway, here it goes.
LIAM
1. Liam has been into singing and one day when Grandma C was over he sang a song about putting out fires.  It went like this "when the alarm goes off and goes ding, ding and then whoosh, put the fire out the end"
2. A while back we were at the store and as we were getting back in the car, Liam asked/wanted something and I can't remember what it was but afterwards he looked up at me and said "thanks my sweet mama"  It was so sweet and cute.
3. Liam still has preschool on Tues. and Thurs. but since it is summer they have a summer session with summer activities.  Thursday is splash day.  Anyway, I had been working all week and failed to let grandpa know to bring his swimsuit to school.  Later that evening I was driving the boys to swim lessons (Chris and I drove separately since I was on-call)  I thought I would spend at least a few minutes in the car with them to see how their day was.  Liam then preceded to tell me how all the other kids had splash day and he sat out.  I basically started crying without Liam being able to tell and told him how sorry I was that I forgot.  He was so sweet about it and said "It's okay, mama"  He then told me he got to have a popsicle.  I guess that made up for him not getting to play in the water.  It was one of the worst mom moments ever but he forgave me.  What a precious boy I have.
4. A long time ago (literally about 6 months).  Liam used to wrap himself in his blanket and then tell his daddy "I'm a princess"  I don't think I ever blogged about it but at the time it cracked Chris and me up.
5.  Liam really wanted some goggles for swim lessons since every single kid in his class had a pair.  Colin and I dropped him off at school and ran to Wal-Mart.  While we were there we spotted some superhero goggles so we bought them (Colin got a pair too of course).  When Liam got home Colin and I surprised him and he was so HAPPY!  He said "thank you, mama" at least eleven times.  He was thrilled.
COLIN
1. Colin loves to watch Curious George.  He calls it "hoo-ha" (because that's the sound a monkey makes), which makes Chris and me laugh.  If Liam asks to watch Rescue Bots, Colin will quickly be disappointed and ask for Curious George.  He loves him some George.
2. For our upcoming trip to San Diego I let the boys each pick out some sand toys to take to the beach.  Colin found a turtle that had a mini turtle inside to shape the sand.  He would point to the big turtle and say "mama turtle" and then to the small turtle and say "baby turtle"  He told me this over and over all day long.  He was pretty happy about it.
3. Colin has learned the word "mine".  He gets pretty possessive at times too.  One day for nap time I had the boys go pick a book.  Liam grabbed a book and brought it to me.  Colin stood by the books and said over and over "Mine book, Liam!"  He would not pick a book until Liam sat down on the bed to read.  He is a stubborn little boy.
4. When Colin gets a boo-boo he kisses them himself, ha!  He had a little one on his leg and kept lifting his leg to kiss his boo-boo while in the car seat.  It was quite funny.
5. Colin is currently obsessed with the book "The Pout-Pout Fish"  He wants to read it about four times a day, before naps, and before bed-time.  It is the cutest though because he comes up and says in his sweet little baby voice "pou pou peesh" Someday I will get it on video.

No comments: